How we help local organizers
As community organizers, we are asked repeatedly about transgender resources in our area. Members of our community need doctors, hair removal, surgeries, you name it, they need it. While we sometimes have the answers, other times, we do not. Perhaps the needed service doesn't exist within your city or you personally do not know of a provider but you know someone else who might. By pooling our knowledge and making it accessible to the community at large, we make it easier to put members of our community on the right path and enable them to offer their opinions on existing service providers for others to see.
How we help local communities
LocallyTrans.com provides a community-driven catalog of available resources at the fingertips of every trans person with an internet connection. Through our rating and comment system, individuals can share their experiences in order to minimize negative interactions with service providers and their staff.
By having an international network of resources, we enable our community members to make informed choices regarding travel and relocation, in addition to services at home.
How to navigate LocallyTrans
- Using the site is fairly straightforward. Enter your postal code and a travel radius that is acceptable to you to bring up the main map with posted resources for your area.
- Use the search filters on the sidebar to narrow your search for specific services.
- By clicking the icons, you can find basic contact information for that resource and a link to further details.
- The details page contains a brief description of the resource and allows you to post ratings and offer your own comments regarding the quality of the service.
- Rating is a simple 1-5 stars with several categories. If a particular rating doesn't fit (i.e. affordability for a support group) leave it blank and it will not be considered for the resource's overall rating.
- Comments come with a simple upvote/downvote system, allowing for opinions on a given resource to evolve over time without older comments skewing the current state of the provider's service.
- Don't see a particular provider that you know of/use, no problem! By registering as a member, you can use the Suggest Resource link at the top of the page to bring the service provider to our attention, allowing us to add it to the site.
- We encourage users of this site to spread the word and to recruit your local organizers. As a community-driven project, we are reliant on you to make the dream of LocallyTrans a reality.